Friday 6 May 2011

Really that tough to find a job in Singapore? All Jobs snapped up by foreign workers

Yesterday I went for an interview in a Travel agency near central/chinatown.
I saw the advertisement on Jobstreet.com.sg and they wrote hiring travel sales consultant, without exprience / fresh grad can apply and the salary wrote there was 1-1.3k.

so i send my application with my resume and they ask me for an interview.
The scheduled interview was at 3pn and I only get to see the boss when it's 3.30pm.
The boss i can see from his slang is a malaysian chinese, very stingy and stern looking.
He only knows simple English and conduct the interview in chinese mix english and even ask me to clear the table and close his door for him.
He interview me for 15 mins than told me that he can only gived 900 SGD as my first month salary
can add 50-100 after probation.
As I've been jobless for nearly 2 months I agree to his deal and said salary is acceptable.
He than stated he normally only hires malaysians or republic of china citizen cause thay are even more cheaper.
Than i added i am very willing to try for this position.
Then he says okay and ask me wait for a day.
He told me the working week is 6 days including sundays and saturdays my rest day can only be on weekday, have to work 2 shifts.
I didn't even think and answered that's fine for me and I am very interested in making sales for the company.
His stern face didn't even smile or at least be polite for the whole interview. 
I even said bye but he kept quite didn't even bother to answer me.
Therefore i waited and waited for almost 2 days and there's no news on that horrible boss ain't him.

It there really too much stingy boss and that hard to find a job in Singapore? or all the jobs had been snapped up by foreigners.

I am really mad. How am I suppose to find one decent job with an average salary higher than 1.2k in Singapore? I don't really know whats all that education I had in school was for? Now that too many Malaysians , Indonesians and china people are here to snatch our rice bowl.